Thursday, September 8, 2016

Is God your Cosmic Consultant? Part 2.

How many times (roughly) do you think you've asked God for wisdom and direction in your life?
Is it more often for something specific; do I take this job? do I date this person? do I buy this house? which major do I choose?

I've often prayed these things to Him. In my last relationship, I often said "God, help me to see what You want in my life. If You don't want me in this relationship, then let me know. I want to see what you see."

I don't know how many times I prayed this prayer. Dozens. Maybe even hundreds. But I don't think I meant it, ever. I wanted God's input. I wanted His advice. I wanted His perspective on my life. I wanted His opinion, blended in with all the other opinions of all of my friends and family members. I just wanted to know what He thought about things.

I didn't actually want His leadership. I didn't actually see God as Lord - ruler and leader - of my life. I wanted to do my own thing and then know what He thought of it.


I'm sharing all of this with you because I don't want my friends to handle their lives the same way. I don't want people to view God the same way I did for so long.
If you're going to give your life to God, then give it to Him.
If you say you surrender; then actually surrender.
If you say to Him in your worship and prayers "I am Yours, take me where You want me" then mean it. Because when you say those kinds of things to Him, He will challenge you on them. He will put you to the test to see if you're serious or not.

And the closer you walk to Him the more and more He will challenge you - dare you even - to walk closer to Him and lay down a little more of yourself to Him everyday. To die a little more everyday to yourself, to your desires, and to your own hopes.

When you ask Him what He wants for you, do you really mean it? Do you really want Him to rule over you and be your King?


No comments:

Post a Comment